We, Générationnel, are asked by a Greentech company to help them find their next :
Senior Project Manager – Energy Storage (F-M) – Rhône-Alpes – CDI
By joining them, you’ll be able to say farewell to unending meeting and eating-time tasks !
You’ll be able to work in a team with eight people who have the ambition to improve energy storage system !
You’ll have tools to help you being focused on your tasks.
Renewable Energy plants like PV or Wind are intermittent by nature, and their production difficult to forecast. In most of the electrical networks, the growing penetration of Renewables becomes a challenge for the grid operators and for the stability of the grids, which limits their development and the independence to fossil energies. Stationary Energy Storage with Li-ion batteries is one of the solutions to this issue that the company is developing actively.
You will work in a new division of the company in charge of providing Stationary Energy Storage Systems for grid-scale and distributed projects, to be installed on green field or at C&I sites (behind the meter), as well as for Micro-Grids and Islands. This new division created 4 years ago works in concert with the other teams (Forecasts, Optimizations, IT) to provide software/hardware turnkey solutions to our customers, to optimize together project revenues, battery performance and safety.
You will develop a precise knowledge and understanding of our products and solutions and of the environment in which they have to be deployed.
This position is an essential role in the organization and the development of the company to provide full Turnkey Energy Storage System. The Senior Storage Project Manager shall be responsible of supporting the execution of Battery Energy Storage System projects deployed in the different countries. When the scope of the company includes site construction activities (typically full turnkey scope), you will have to identify and manage EPC contractors to carry out the on-site work. You will Support also the sales organization to elaborate technical and commercial offer within the RFQ process. The role of the Senior Storage Project Manager is to lead the project management in the execution of Engineering, Procurement and Construction for large BESS projects (larger than 10MW and potentially above 100MW) to ensure customers and stakeholders satisfaction. Assistant project managers may be assigned to work with the Senior Project Manager depending on the program or project requirements.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing P&L for large projects,
- Identifying potential EPC contractor partners,
- Leading turn-key EPC battery energy storage projects with our EPC partners,
- Ensuring International Battery Energy Storage Projects are delivered within budget and on schedule, and with full customer satisfaction,
- Managing the relationship with our EPC contractors and customers outside of project execution,
- Supervising contractors in charge of system installation to ensure quality, safety and delivery schedule are met,
- Coordinating the project team during the projects,
- Participating to the contract negotiations with the clients and/or contractors (Electrical and Civil Work)
- Building project plannings (Gantt format),
- Setting KPIs (safety, budget, schedule, delivery, quality, customer weekly or monthly report) during project execution.
- Supporting negotiations of project’s contracts with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors,
- Developing strong communication skills, to be able to represent the company in person in front of key customers and/or grid operators
- Participating in the development of our products and processes, taking in account the lessons learned of the projects delivered,
- Supporting the sales organization in developing new projects,
- Preparing and coordinating the redaction of technical documents required for project delivery (technical specification for contractor RFQs, installation manuals, Test & Commissioning protocols, check-lists, O&M manuals, etc.)
- Optimizing costs and resources during project execution.
Next steps :
- A phone interview with Générationnel
- An interview with the Storage Project Manager
- A meeting with the founder of the company and other members of staff !
Must-have skills :
- You have an Electrical Engineer or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- You already have 6 year’s experience in project management, construction management and engineering including power Generation-Transmission-Distribution, energy storage or other energy industry
- You are completely fluent in English and have a professional proficiency in French.
- You know how to handle turnkey project
- Ability to manage large projects with coordination of different on-site activities (Electrical and Civil work)
- Ability to work with EPC company and overseen contractors during the construction phase
- Previous experience leading teams, managing contractor for engineering projects.
Nice-to-have skills :
- Previous experience of Utility-scale Energy Storage projects.
- Skills with Autocad and Matlab would be appreciated
- Experience in an EPC company
If you want to know more about our company and job offer, let’s sign in to our newsletter : https://forms.gle/SvzmXKjjjDrS6gdg8
Don’t hesitate to apply !